Thursday, August 16, 2007

RSS feeds

Time for a few words on RSS feeds.

I already have an account on Bloglines, and check it nearly every day. It's pretty good. For comparison's sake, I set up a Google Account. It was pretty easy to do.

Both accounts include library feeds, but guess what. On Bloglines I rarely check it. I look at the feed from the NY Times on the arts, covering everything from Mozart to Tony Soprano. Wonderful reading. I wonder if I will do the same with Google Account.

Because -- much I love libraries and librarianship, I find that RSS feeds and many other Web 2.0 tools interest me personally, but again and again I draw a line in the sand with libraries. Perhaps I think of social networking as social, unrelated to the profession. Or maybe I can only think about libraries for so long, and then I have to stop. Enough already.

So this brief paragraph concerns the lesson on RSS feeds, lesson 1. I'm done.

No comments: