Tuesday, August 21, 2007

LibraryThing

Today I'm back to LibraryThing -- I say back, because I played with LibraryThing sometime last fall -- but for this adventure into social networking, I've chosen to start a new LibraryThing account. Being a book person, I like LibraryThing, so it has been a pleasure to return to the site and play around with this tool again. If I get around to being social, it will be through this particular social networking resource.

Here's my LibraryThing address: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/Maggie_Foote

In my return to LibraryThing, I've enjoyed the tag clouds and the book covers -- they are pretty darn nifty.

At some point, though, I wonder if I should select a few library books for LibraryThing, that concern technical services librarians. Could one pull together such a subset on LibraryThing? And how can you socialize on such dry writing? Let's face it -- Chan's book on subject headings doesn't exactly rival Harry Potter as a riveting read. Maybe LibraryThing is of greater value for public services librarians in public libraries, or just for book lovers in general. Like me, who thinks this thing is just too cool.

Maintaining my Irish theme, I do have one title on the list, Anam Cara. The rest are either on books or on music. I do plan to continue adding titles to the list, slowly but surely.

No comments: